It all started with a near fatal injury in the mountains...
Many alpine, mountain, and outdoor guides have experienced a close call at some point during the course of their careers. They speak on the crazy experience and how they were able to come out the other side. But what about when you reach a state of depression when everything you have always known starts to fall apart, you're unable to walk, may have a leg amputated,
Discuss the depression you experienced and how open the community was when you started speaking on this topic.
Fridjon lectures on situational awareness for multiple organizations including: CMH (Canadian Mountain Holiday), Thompson River University, Search and Rescue organizations (Icelandic & Revelstoke Search & Rescue) etc.
- Industry close calls or near misses
- Work/Life Business as a Mountaineering Guide
- Asking for help as a guide
- Depression in the Mountaineering Industry
Past Speaking Engagements
- Situational Awareness - Canadian Mountain Holiday - Nov 23, 2016
- Depression in the Mountaineering Industry - Canadian Mountain Holiday - Nov 24, 2016
- Thompson River University - Nov 8, 2016
- Situational Awareness - Iceland - Assistant Program - April 9, 2017